You don't need to be in crisis to benefit from counseling. Counseling can be a space in your life that is for you; it can help you attend to your own feelings, help you through a life transition, or support you though an on-going situation. Counseling can help you articulate who you want to be in the world and how you want to be in relationship with others.
Some areas of counseling in which we have expertise include support for:
- LGBTQ people through coming out, transition, and other general struggles
- Parents, especially those who are parenting foster children and/or adopted children
- Those stressed by the systems around them that tell them that they are not good enough based on their race, size, ability, etc.
- Those struggling with reconciling their faith with their identity/identities or circumstances
- Those going through a life transition: a divorce, losing a foster child, the death of a loved one (including death by suicide), changing jobs, moving, starting school, etc.
A space to talk through your problems and struggles with an objective and supportive counselor. Sessions can be for individuals, couples, or families.